2008 m. gegužės 8 d., ketvirtadienis

SELF- ASSESSMENT OF ESP LEARNING

WRITING SKILLS: This semester I find successful for me in writing restatement and analytical summaries. Despite the fact tasks were really hard at first, when we were first time given these tasks, after training several times I performed well when I had to write my final summaries. So as for this task, I feel that not just I improved my skills, but actually learned something new- academic writing and also to evaluate given information more analytically. As for ESP vocabulary tests, I find them not difficult now and happily I don't need so much effort in order to write it well. I believe it is because of better understanding of definitions that we have to learn. There appeared one new thing in our lessons which I like a lot and find it beneficial- it is self-designed tests. These tests I find not difficult, but time-consuming and of course knowledge requiring. Plus I find them fun because it is not an individual job. While preparing self-designed tests, you discuss the things, possible questions, important or not so important aspects of module with your partner, which lets you to look at the module more objectively. This is one of the tasks which gives a feeling of joy while doing it. As for dictations, I find them not so difficult for me. However, there appear some mistakes, mostly ones of punctuation, to which I have to pay attention. The last thing to mention in this section is my contributions to weblog in which I could assess my performance in a term of good. I can't be very objective here as I don't know the evaluation of my teacher yet.

SPEAKING SKILLS: I think I perform well in all three speaking tasks that we are doing - participation in class discussions, presentations and speaking in pairs. However, I notice myself sometimes searching for a proper word to use which means I have to learn more words of professional vocabulary as well as various structures of sentences in order my speaking tasks to be more fluent.

LISTENING SKILLS: I think my level of listening activities in classes is satisfactory. Performance of listening tasks vary and sometimes the results are good, although sometimes the results are quite poor. In this aspect I think I need more practise in listening, especially advanced level listening and doing some comprehension tasks. As for home task, which was listening to podcasts, I personally think I performed good and comprehension was not a difficult task for me. Still I have some problems in understanding and trying to interpret new words, phrases.

READING SKILLS: I find my level of reading satisfactory as well which means I have a lot where to improve. Although I find home reading not so difficult, I face some problems in class reading as sometimes I don't separate the most imporatant information needed from the whole text. As for reading comprehension tasks, I don't feel I improved as results from these tasks are satisfactory and there appear that they are sometimes poor as well.

1 komentaras:

Unknown rašė...

Hi,
I am The editor/writer with Counselor.org. I really liked your site and i am interested in building a relationship with your site. We want to spread public awareness. I hope you can help me out. Your site is a very useful resource.

Please email me back with your URl in subject line to take a step ahead. To avoid spam.

Thank you,
Sharon
counselor.org